Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trendspotting - Menswear 2012 - Footwear Faux-Pas

The runways of Milan taught a lot of us what NOT to allow our boyfriends/fathers/brothers to wear. Let's start from the bottom and work out way up.

Gentlemen, knee cleavage is not attractive. If you're going to show your knees, show your shins too. Long socks and shorts weren't cool when you're grandpa wore them, and they aren't cool now.

I personally have no issue with the "no socks" trend, but my fabulous nephew has informed me that it is repulsive, and so I'll cave on this one. I guess ankle cleavage isn't cute either? The only problem I can see is that those poor tootsies rubbing up against leather must give awful blisters. meh.



There seemed to be an awful lot of men confident enough to wear red shoes without feeling tempted to click them three times and wish for their Mamma's house. Red boat shoes, red espadrilles, red sneakers, red lace-ups, red sandals... I was disappointed not to see red rubber boots.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you! The socklessness isn't the problem it's the length of the pants.

    ReplyDelete

Liana Loves...

Liana Loves...
Take a peek at my favorites!